IPC quality standards
IPC is a USA-based trade organisation which develops the world’s most widely used quality standards for electronic production. IPC standards are developed continuously and new revisions of the most common standards are usually issued every 3 or 4 years.
All IPC standards and other IPC publications can be purchased from Scanditron as an authorized IPC distributor. All are available as pdf downloads and the most common standards are also available as printed books. See the specification tree to understand how the standards work together. The most usual IPC standards in chronological order for production of circuit boards are:
- IPC-2220 series for PCB Design
- IPC-7351 Requirements SMD Land Pattern Design
- IPC-6010 series PCB performance specifications and in particular IPC-6012 Specification for rigid PCBs
- IPC-A-600 Acceptability of Printed Boards
- J-STD-001 Requirements for Soldered Electronic Assemblies
- IPC-A-610 Acceptability of Electronic Assemblies
- IPC-A-620 Requirements and Acceptance for Cable and Wire Harness Assemblies
Please see our web shop for more information and information about the current revision letter.